Friday, May 14, 2010

Can you play fingerstyle guitar without long nails?

I like fingerstyle guitar quite a lot, but I seriously don't want to have long nails, is it possible to achieve the same result with the fingertips?Can you play fingerstyle guitar without long nails?
you can try but you see when you have long nails your nails act as a pick. so the sound feels very crisp and its sounds like you playing with a pick. if you use your finger tips the sound wont be as great. trust me i know because my teacher wanted me to grow out my nails but i said no. but it is your descionCan you play fingerstyle guitar without long nails?
Huh? I play a fingerstyle guitar (classical guitar) and my nails couldn't BE any shorter... every time they get the least bit long, the strings grove them and I have to file them down... I can't imagine anyone playing guitar with long nails.
yeah i finger pick and i always bite my nails, im sure its a lil bit harder but just practice and you'll get it

No comments:

Post a Comment