Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is it safe to get your nails done while pregnant?

I got married in December at the courthouse.. Then in February I got pregnant.. I am now almost 10 weeks pregnant and my wedding is on the 25th.. Is it ok to get my finger nails and toe nails done for the wedding. Im not planning on getting them filled or anything just a one time thing.. So would it harm the baby cuz Im not trying to do that.. Should I ask for one of the masks they wear?Is it safe to get your nails done while pregnant?
I personally wouldn't. Too fumey. Get press-ons (for both your fingers and toes). They're cheaper and I think they look better if you do them right. They also do less damage to your nails.





Congrats on the baby and the wedding!Is it safe to get your nails done while pregnant?
It's fine to get your nails done, but tell them not to massage your ankles when you get a pedicure. I know it sounds crazy, but there is a pressure point between the heel and ankle on the inside of the foot that when pressed, can cause early labor or miscarriage.
Oh my gosh, my sister is pregnant too, and she is getting marriet on the 25th too. I wouldn't get your nails done, just get press ons or just paint them. The people doing your nails will probably tell you whether or not you need to wear a mask, they will know.
Its fine, I've done it before.. But yes, ask for the mask, I had to because the fumes were making me feel kinda sick, it was a big salon! After that I stopped going there and went to a smaller one with more ventilation, but still asked for the mask!
I don't get the refills, but I do get a pedicure and a manicure once every couple of weeks. There isn't a problem with it, because it's not like you're eating the polish. But yes, I would ask for a mask. It makes it not so over


whelming.





J


xx
if you want to you can ask for the mask, but i get mine done all the time andi just put the fan at my face so it fans the stuff away, ,
My wedding anniversary is on the 25th of this month.





Congrats!





But I heard you could still do them but in a well ventilated room. However, I would use the press on nails if it's only for your special day. Good luck, best wishes.
Yes. Ask for a mask. Happy wedding and baby!
  • medication cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment