Friday, May 14, 2010

How long does it take for dog nails to grow back?

I cut my dog's nails and I cut one too short and nicked the quick and it bled and still bleeds something when we go potty it starts to bleed again (I think because there is snow on the ground). I just cut them them last night so estimated how long will it take for the nails to grow in some so the one nail stops bleeding?How long does it take for dog nails to grow back?
It depends how far into the quick you cut. Get some styptic powder from the pet supply store, and use that on the nail when it starts to bleed, it will stop it.How long does it take for dog nails to grow back?
I wanted to add that instead of styptic powder, you can use flour. Cake some flour on the edge of the nail that was cut too short. It will help clot the blood. Saves you a trip to the pet store.
About 7 to 10 days
The nail should have stopped bleeding by now. You can apply cornstarch or flour to the area and try not to get it wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment