Friday, May 14, 2010

When can I start trimming my kittens nails?

She is like Freddy Krugger and Im afraid Ill get cat scratch fever ;) Really tho, whens a good time to start? Im not interested in having her declawed just a little safer.When can I start trimming my kittens nails?
Start as young as possible to get them used to it and having their feet touched.When can I start trimming my kittens nails?
As long as you can do it without cutting it too close. Like the other poster, I strongly recommend the pedipaws (it used to be called the pet-i-cure). It's a battery-operated rotating file that files the nail down rather than cutting it.





(oh ya...and I saw some of those nail caps at the store today in christmas colors lol. But you can get them in generic black, white, clear, etc if you aren't into the christmas kitty look)
As soon as there is enough to trim without hitting the quick. I recommend using a pedipaw filer. You could also get some soft paws nail caps, you don't need to trim kitten nails before applying :)
when they need triming trim them!!! it doesent matter what age just if they need it or not
it's best to take him/her to a vet to get their nails trimmed


it's cheap too

No comments:

Post a Comment