Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What can I use instead of nails to hang things up on a wall?

I have wood letters that I would like to hang up on my wall, but there are so many of them that there would be a lot of holes on the wall, and it would be almost impossible to get them all even! Any suggestions on anything that might work? I need to make sure that it would be sturdy enough so it wont fall!What can I use instead of nails to hang things up on a wall?
how about installing one long shelf to set all the letters on? say a 1x3 for the shelf itself and a 1x1 under it that is screwed to the studs.....u can nail or screw the 1x3 to the 1x1 first and then just level the shelf and screw into the 1x1 into the studs!





lic. gen. contractorWhat can I use instead of nails to hang things up on a wall?
tacks
actually straight pins will do the job (may need more than one) and hold up really well


you can hardly see the spot where they enter and they are strong

No comments:

Post a Comment