Monday, May 10, 2010

How long does it take natural nails to grow just over the tip and how can I prevent them from peeling?

Whenever I grow my nails they always peel and I don't know why. I am a healthy female who exercises and takes multi-vitamins etc but my nails always seem to peel. I apply nail polish and I just want to know what else can I do?


Thanks.How long does it take natural nails to grow just over the tip and how can I prevent them from peeling?
It takes about 3 months for a nail to grow from base to finger tip. You can help prevent your nails from peeling by using a strenghtening nail varish, using cuticle and hand creams and hot oil manicure treatments (you can get this done or in a salon but you can easily do this yourself at home just put some olive or veg oil in a small plastic bowl and place it in a larger bowl filled with hot water to heat it up. When the oil is heated remove from larger bowl,remove any polish from your nails and soak them in the oil for 5 mins).How long does it take natural nails to grow just over the tip and how can I prevent them from peeling?
Keep clipping them while they are growing - that will build up their strength and file them around the parts that chip. Always file them flat instead of curved at the top becuase the side of the nail is where its strength is. Sally Hanson is a good clear polish to buy and is a good hardener too.
try pre-natal vitamins, gelatin, and one of those paint-on nail strengtheners ... use a good lotion and a cuticle cream, too ...





hate to say it, but a good deal is genetic ...





how long is individual ... only takes me a week, but several of my friends take twice as long for nail growth ...
The first answer is a good one - but Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle is even better! Also, run sweet almond conditioning base oil (you can get this from The Body Shop) into your nails. It's a fabulous conditioner.
Sally hanson hard as nails,





It's a glossy nail strengthener really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment