Monday, May 10, 2010

How to stop biting my finger nails and cracking my knuckles?

I have two very bad habits (in my opinion). I know there's worse habits out there, but I cannot stop cracking my knuckles and biting my finger nails, and I know that these things annoying people around me just as much as they annoy me. Any ideas or suggestions on how i can get myself to stop?How to stop biting my finger nails and cracking my knuckles?
gross yourself out about something fingernail related. like... think of how much dirt and how many germs and crap are under your nails... and also realize how biting your nails upps your risk of getting sick by like 50 percent. Thats what got me to stop... but its harder if you're a smoker or something i would imagine since you already have an oral fixation.





about cracking your knuckles... maybe consider how you're wearing down your cartilage and eventually it will cause arthritis.





worst case scenario about the nails... coat them with something that tastes really bad.How to stop biting my finger nails and cracking my knuckles?
I had the same issues and I basically resolved the problems by sitting on my hands whenever I could which was any time I wasn't using them. If I was using my hands then I wasn't biting or cracking them so every other time, I would sit on my hands. It got so annoying to keep sitting on my hands that the habit just eventually (after 2-3 months) disappeared. Good luck!!
Here's an article I wrote about trying to break the habit of nail biting. Maybe it can help you:


http://www.associatedcontent.com/article鈥?/a>
yes. have your significant other shock you with a tazer everytime they catch you biting/cracking. you'll stop after 1 or 2 shocks.
put alcohol on your hands. so every time you're tempted, you will taste alcohol in your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment