Monday, May 10, 2010

How do i stop bitting my nails?

I have a horrible habbit of bitting my nails. I have tried using strong nail polish but that wont work. My nails are really short, please help me!How do i stop bitting my nails?
My brother used to suck his thumb when we were little. There was a product that you could put on a thumb that tasted horrible. I don't remember the name, but I am sure that there is something along the same lines that you could try.How do i stop bitting my nails?
biting your nails is in your head. If you concentrate on doing it you will suceed in doing it. when I was younger I bit my nails. My mother ended yalling at me every other second. I gradually stoppped bitting my nails. But now I start bitting my nails again mostly because I get anxious and worried about things that is in my mind. Bitting nails is all in the head. It all depends on your attitude in stopping this bad habit. Once the finger is in your mouth take it out. say no to biting your fingernail.
Hi, I'm dustbegone1xyz and I'm a nail biter.





When I put my mind to it I do stop biting my nails for long periods of time. But then when I get really stressed or anxious I end up starting up again. I've tried that horrible tasting nail polish too, but that didn't work for me either. The only way I can put an end to it is by cleaning them up. Clean up the cuticles, file them so there aren't any little pieces for me to nibble on. Then I'll buff them up or put clear polish on them. After that when I catch myself starting to nibble I'll grab a file or buffer and do that instead. Put files/buffers all over the place so you can grab them. It doesn't take long for the nails to start to look like nails again and you won't want to bite them because they look nice.





I end up chewing lots of gum to keep my mouth busy.
stick your fingers in your butt, that should help- for one if theyre in your butt theyre not in your mouth, and if they are heading to your mouth, the smell should remind you. If not, bon apetit!
there is a special nail polish for it. it has a really bad taste, but nobody knows that u are wearing it(it helped me a LOT!). that, or listen 2 someone else chew on there nails. it sonds gross, and that is why my mom stoped biting her nails.
I used to have this problem. I bought a rignestone manicure kit, and put the jewels at the tips of my nails. Chowing down on crystal was not pleasant, problem solved. Plus I got lots of compliments and people asking me where I got my nails done :)
put tape over them and see if thet works? if so youll have nice nails in no time=)
one thing u can stop biting ur nails is to cut them neat..so there's nothing to bite. another thing, when u feel like u wanna bite them, think of someone who makes u happy or someone u love or if it wont work,just make the tip of ur finger dirty so u wont bite it...i was a nail biter before but thank goodness, i got over w/ it.
All you have to do is spend your time doing something else...and if that doesnt work...you can always chew gum to stop it

No comments:

Post a Comment