Thursday, January 21, 2010

How can I remove acrylic nails when pregnant?

I got a full set of acrylic nails for my brother's wedding a few weeks ago, not knowing I was pregnant at the time. Now that I know, I don't want to maintain them/go to the salon every couple of weeks for a fill. I thought about going to the salon to get the nails removed professionally but am unsure if it is safe for me to breathe the fumes in a nail salon. If I can remove them myself at home safely, I'd like to do that. Can anyone recommend a method?How can I remove acrylic nails when pregnant?
bite the nail sideways, then soak your hands in hot water mixed with soap for about 15 minutes. then just pull them off. it wont hurt and it wont hurt your natural nail. and this way, you dont have to worry about ANY fumes from store bought remover or worry about going to the salon.How can I remove acrylic nails when pregnant?
Soak your fingers in acetone nail polish remover (do not get acetone-free nail polish remover). They will soften and you'll be able to safely remove them without damaging your fingernail.
at the store they sell a small container of stuff to remove artificial nails. it takes a while but you just soak a finger in it and then remove nail. it is sold near the nail polish remover i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment