Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What different types of false nails do you get?

I want to get my nails done professionally as they are short cause i occassionaly bite them. I know you can get gel or acrylic nails. What is the difference, i don't want to look stupid goin into the salon!What different types of false nails do you get?
I have acrylic nails, they are stuck onto the very tip of your own nail and the cut to the length you require. In order to strengthen them an acrylic mix is then painted (quite thickly) over the top of the false nail and your own. The nail technician will then file it down to be an acceptable length and thickness. they are supposed to infill these every 2/3 weeks but I leave mine on for ages and just buff them down every week until I eventually end up with my own nail. I then repeat the process all over again. However, i have been wearing these for at least 20 years so I'm well used to it. You can have silk wraps which is where the false nail goes on then silk is applied and stuck on and then a covering on top of that. These are strong but i don't like the look of them. Gel I think is where you have a shaped piece of card put under your nail and around your finger and then a gel is painted onto the finger and card and shaped. when gel is dry the paper shape is removed and the ';nail'; is then filed and shaped. However, to be honest when you do go to the professional nail technician just ask her/him they will be only too happy to explain what they can offer you. I don't know if you are in the UK but if so I would advise that you don't pay anymore than 拢20-拢25 for the whole set. I usually go and get the trainee to do mine, they are very good and under supervision, so get one or two prices first. Don't worry about looking stupid - after all you are the client and without your business these places would go bust! Good luckWhat different types of false nails do you get?
i prefer to grow my own
I always get solar..they are the prettiest!
In my personal and professional opinion i wouldnt advise you get false nails in the long term they cause more damage when you get the nails taken off you may get a ring of fire if they are taken off using an electrical tool and it's left on one second too long this can cause permanent damage to the nail false nails also leave your own natural nails papery thin after removal i'd advise you to get a manicure done it'll make your nails look good and long term improve the condition
acrylic are stronger-less likely to break. gel nails are more shiny so are prettier but no as strong.you could get fibre glass-the wrap around the tip of your own nail

No comments:

Post a Comment