Thursday, January 21, 2010

While removing fake nails I split my pinkie nail horizontally down the middle, what do I do now?

There is barely any blood (just in the crack) and the nail is still intact. It just has a split horizontally down the middle and a small one coming vertically off of it. What do I do to care for it so it doesn't get infected?While removing fake nails I split my pinkie nail horizontally down the middle, what do I do now?
Soaking them in acetone is the only safe and effective method which will leave your natural nails undamaged.


To care for your damaged nail, keep it clean and do not have nails applied again until your nail is fully healed. That could take a few months, so be patient. It is going to have to grow out completely on its own. Getting nails applied before it is fully healed will almost certainly cause an infection. I'm sure you don't want that.While removing fake nails I split my pinkie nail horizontally down the middle, what do I do now?
You might want to wash your hands and cover it with a bandaid. The nail itself will grow back soon enough, and the crack won't be visible anymore.
  • medication cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment