Saturday, January 23, 2010

How to make nails grow normally after stopping nail biting?

Hi





Over a year ago i finally stopped biting my nails, no i have stopped i've notice my nails don't grow like others who don;t bite their nails. They seem to grow away from my fingers. Is it possible to make them grow normally again?





Hope i've made it clear enough





Thanks in advance.How to make nails grow normally after stopping nail biting?
It will take time for your nail bed to re-attach to more of your finger nail. The key is to keep your nails as long as your fingertip. i.e. Do not cut or file all way down the white part.





If you need to clean under your nails, use a soft nail brush %26amp; follow up w/ moisturizer.





My nails used to be way too short %26amp; peel constantly so I stopped using a nail clipper and only use a nail file to shape and shorten them. I also started protecting my nails with thicker moisturizers.





I read somewhere that nail clippers can cause the layers of the nail to separate and filing is the best way to go.





I started with Revlon's disposable files made for weak nails. File in one direction only. Start on one side and file towards the middle, then go to the other side and file towards the middle of your nail. Smooth the nail into a squoval that mirrors you cuticle or the shape of the white part of your nail bed.





Finish the edges of the nail with a hindo stone, a smooth ceramic/stone nail file or the finest grit nail file you can find. You want to make the edges really smooth.





Also, avoid using metal nail files. I recommend using disposable nail files and changing them frequently. The fresher the grit, the less the drag which leads to tearing and peeling.





Some people swear by glass nail files but they can shatter if dropped.





I also use a cuticle balm or nail oil to moisturize my nails and protect them from water since I wash my hands frequently.


(ex. Solar Oil, OPI Avoplex)





Vit E oil, jojoba oil, Aquaphor Healing Ointment, Vaseline or plain Chapstick will work too.





These tips helped my nails a lot. They are stronger %26amp; the pink part of my nails are longer now.How to make nails grow normally after stopping nail biting?
Perhaps you should go to see a doctor about how to make your nails grow normally, or what steps you can take to further take care of yourself. From there, they can recommend someone who might be able to trim your nails if they get out of hand (no pun intended) and be able to tell you why they are growing the way they are.


Congrats, by the way, on stopping your nail biting!
1) Washing dishes helps to strengthen the nails. 2) Sally Hansen has really good nakil products for growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment