Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do you stop biting your nails and fingers?

Well, this may sound gross but i need help. I have bitten my nails forever and i want to stop, but i cant. I don't just bite my nails i tear at the skin around my nails. My mom says its stress but she doesn't know where from, i don't either. How do i stop?


Plz no answers about how gross it is.How do you stop biting your nails and fingers?
Well, I used to ALWAYS bite my nails. There is this nail polish that my mother made me wear, its clear and you can get it at a pharmacy. I used the one called Control it, and it makes your nails nard and so sour its just disgusting to bite them. Another product my friend used was ';Nibble no more';


You could also just always paint them and keep them perfect that way, sometimes that helps :)How do you stop biting your nails and fingers?
This was a hard habit for me to break, it took me three different tries to finally get this, i tried nail polish first, that didnt really work... so next i tried bandaids, they kept falling off... so i finally tried a stress ball and kept it with me at all times, and i would pull it out of my pocket every time i got bored, so eventually my stress almost went away and my friends noticed a difference in my attitude (in a good way) and i had better nails too...
ok we are alike in that department uhm I guess there is this nail polish stuff it goes on clear and when you bite your nails it leaves a sour taste in your mouth,I have no clue what it is called but you can get it at a Drug store like Rite Aid,Walgreens,I'm sure Wal-mart has it if you looked maybe even Dollar General or Family Dollar,that and protect 1 nail at a time like your pinky..if you wanna bite your nails do it on the one your NOT protecting
I used to bite my nails too.


My mom told me to just keep going one at a time. And that it takes about 30 days to break a bad habit. Maybe you can have someone follow you and when you are about to bite a nail... make them yell at you. About a month later, the habit was just gone. I couldn't bite them anymore. (And now i got braces so it would be really hard to bite them anyways.
I used to do that when I was 4. I stopped at around.. 10 i think. However, I peel my nails. I hate clipping them. It annoys me for some reason lol. Then afterwards, I file my nails and then it becomes nice and smooth. And how I stopped was easy. Will power. I knew it was kind of weird.. to bite my nails so I just stopped. Everytime I felt like biting my nails, I sat on my hands and watched TV.
Soak your fingertips in something you don't like. Like Vinegar or something it will leave a bad taste on your fingertips and you won't want to bite your nails anymore but make sure it's something you DON'T like


hope i helped =)
i used to do that ALL the time. if u paint you nails u probably will stop because it chips at it and the chips will get into your mouth and it wouldnt taste so good. haha. try it out :) hope that helps!!! :D
ive stopped and here is my method: stop biting one nail at a time. and then 2 nails, then 3, and until you stop completely. u will see ur nails growing and it will motivate u even more. hope this helps
mix hot pepper with finger nail polish dab your finger and and nail with it. you will stop or burn your toung off.
well there is this clear nail polish at Walmart called





';Stop The Habit Stop The Bite';





im pretty sure thats what its called i used it and it helped a lot!


Hope I Helped!!! :)
think about when u do bite ur nails...how horibble it will look...and when u do bite ur nails try biting ur tounge but not to hard thats wat i did...hope it helps
idk??





I have ever since I new I could and I still doo!

No comments:

Post a Comment