Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I remove masonry nails from my concrete wall?

I am removing wall paneling and behind it is a bunch of masonry nails with a very small head. Since they are in my concrete wall and have a small head, I cannot just use regular methods to remove them. How can I remove them so I can still waterproof paint my concrete walls?How can I remove masonry nails from my concrete wall?
These nails are very hard. Sawzalls and hacksaws will probably show you very little relief. Breaking them off will probably prove to be the best and fastest method. Smack them with a hammer as if you were going to bend them over. You may have to do this in two directions. Take care in doing this around any windows or doors as the broken nail may break glass. Also make sure you use Eye protection. The flight path of these small missiles can be very unpredictable. GOOD LUCK!!!How can I remove masonry nails from my concrete wall?
use a metal blade with a sawzall then cut them flush to the wall and plug the holes water tight. if you do it by hand you will be at it all day long
If they won't pull out, break them off, or cut them off with a hacksaw, fill holes and paint

No comments:

Post a Comment