Saturday, January 23, 2010

What can I do to my nails that makes them look nice but also natural?

I dont want to get acryilic nails because they are to bulky for me. Is there anything other then the acrylic and tips I can have the nail salon do to make my nails look like more then just a manicure?What can I do to my nails that makes them look nice but also natural?
hey mate, you can get thin natural looking arcrillics at good salons but they can charge you through the nose! or you can ask them to make them as thin as possible, but with arcrillics they will usually damage the nail and it can take a long time to repair it's self or grow out. the best option is to have nail hardning nail varnish for the base coat, this is not just a nail polish, it actually enters the nail and kind of adds extra fibers making the nail stronger and slightly (but not visibly) thicker, secondly make sure you regularly file your nails, about once a week unless one is damaged it should be filed right away to prevent further damage and breakage. thirdly to make your nails look nice and natural i strongly recommend french tips, this is done by applying a light, transparent, peach (skin coloured) tone for the first nail varnish, add a second coat, next you'll need a kind of sticker you can buy from any make-up store or department, this will out line where you will paint the tip of your nail white, also apply a second coat of this, make sure the nail polish is completely dry before removing the 'stickers', once this is done add a final coat of a shiny top coat varnish (clear). you should do this every 3 to 4 days or when needed. you may just wish to add another top coat after a couple of days.What can I do to my nails that makes them look nice but also natural?
Take good care of your natural nails. File them lightly on a regular basis, this stops splits. Paint the entire nail a pale pink. Let dry and paint the very tips a white stripe just at the tip, like a natural nail would look. Let dry and coat with clear. My wife makes me do this for her all the time. I won't say whatI make her do!..............kidding honey.
top and bottom caot clear and in the middle u7se skin colour nail polish.
I agree with Justin, it's better than all the chemical garbage. I used to get acrylic all the time I quit about 4 months ago and my nails are STILL recovering. :(
ask them to do a french manicure--They just paint on the white tips. I use Sally Hansen french tip manicure set. It's awesome! It comes with a pen that has the white polish in it, it's super easy to work with. I use it on my toes, and most think I've had them professionally done!
You Can File them, paint them, go get a manicure/have them treated, or in a beauty supply store, you can get a special kind of nail polish, that treats your nails. I suggest Ulta.
I've read in a magazine before that Julia Roberts dips her nails in olive oil. You could try that, it makes the nails healthier. Just apply clear nail polish after filing, much nail polish can make them look darker or grayish.
well u should just paint them a good color by yourself and they will look fine
I have never been able to grow nails! then about 2 years ago i took 60 (a whole bottle) of Hair Skin and nail vitamins,you took 1 day for 60 days. I swear my nails have been long ever since.I still have to have them manicured but try it. they were about 10.00.
french tip. it's fake acrylics and it looks prettier and more natural. I hate acrylics....they look like claws.....





( just ask them to paint it to look natural if they don't know what french tip is). GOOD LUCK !
just shape your nails and put on a clear coat. It makes them look clean and neat
Fake nails

No comments:

Post a Comment