Friday, January 15, 2010

How can I remove nails from a stone driveway?

I recently had some work done at my house and after the carpenters I noticed nails in the stone driveway. The more I look the more I find. I bought a magnet at lowes, hasnt worked well. Any suggestions?How can I remove nails from a stone driveway?
Check with a tool rental yard near you. Some will rent a magnetic sweeper. We use these often on jobsites. Hope this helps.How can I remove nails from a stone driveway?
You would need a magnet sweeper. A magnet sweeper is just a very large magnet on weels. All you haft to do is roll the sweeper up and down the driveway. You can rent these or buy them, I use one myself to clean up my workshop. I also suggest rakeing the driveway and then useing the magnet sweeper again, just to make shure you dident miss any.
you may be able to rent a large magnet on 2 small wheels......then just push it aroubd for a few minutes......... its a tool mostly used after work is done on a large commercial roof.. and some HVAC shops in the area may have 1 you can borrow
are you sure that the nails are steel, if they are aluminum a magnet will not pick them up.
Go back and get a stronger magnet.





can always get stone put on top!
I'd call the carpenters up and tell them to pick up the nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment