Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How do I hold the nail clipper to cut my dogs nails?

I have the kind of clipper that you put the nail in and squeeze the handle (Like a cigar snipper) Do I cut the nail from side to side, squeezing the nail? or from top to bottom of nail. Thanks.How do I hold the nail clipper to cut my dogs nails?
Top to bottom. Actually, hold the handle underneath their paw, and cut bottom to top! ....be careful not to cut the quick!





Here's How:


Find a comfortable spot for your and your pet. Small dogs can be done in your lap, larger ones on the floor.


Put your dog in a laying down position.


Roll her onto her stomach, manually, or have her do it.


Take the first paw, it does not matter which one you start with. Using the file, clean the dirt from under her nail. Be careful!


Locate the ';Quick';, the vein theat travels under his nail.


Take your clippers and cut the front of the nail off, not too close to the Quick.


File the sharp edges down with the file.


Continue with the rest of the nails on that paw.


Praise your dog effusively, give her a treat.


Start on the next paw.


Repeat.How do I hold the nail clipper to cut my dogs nails?
If you don't know how to clip nails then please go to petco and let a groomer do them. It cost like $8 to $10 or let the groomer show you how to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment