Sunday, January 17, 2010

What does chewing your nails actually do to your teeth?

I wonder about this because I hear people saying that biting or chewing your nails isn't good for your teeth, but I don't understand why exactly. Does is damage the enamel or something?What does chewing your nails actually do to your teeth?
It does damage your teeth!! It is the pressure that goes with like chewing ice. Your teeth bite into that hard material and the more that you do it, the more that you are adding that constant pressure and eventually wearing your teeth down to nothing. Then you have to look forward in life to crowns, crown extensions, leading up to and including false teeth because you have grinded down your teeth down so far that you have nothing to chew with in the front. I know cause I put pressure similar to this on my teeth when I grind at night and now I have a temporary bite guard I wear at night. Hope this answers that!!!!What does chewing your nails actually do to your teeth?
when i went to the orthodontist,


he told me that if you bite your nails it shifts your teeth and makes them crooked.





if you wanna stop your nail biting habit (not saying you do have one, but if you do...)but alcohol(cleaning alcohol) on your fingernails, and you wont bite them because they taste soo nasty.
the dirt on your nails gets in your body and you can get tape worm or herpes or worse !!!yuck Keep your fingers out of your mouth !!!
  • make up tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment