Friday, January 15, 2010

Acrylic Nails & In-fills - I hate my real nails showing underneath the french tips! What do you normally do?

I get acrylics because I like the whole 'french tip' look and i am a nail-biter. After about three or four in-fills, obviously my real nails are growing so as the french tips get filed back this white part gets smaller and my real nail is showing as well. What do other people normally do?





I know an easy solution would be to just paint the nails with a colour, but i prefer the french tip look. Any suggestions?Acrylic Nails %26amp; In-fills - I hate my real nails showing underneath the french tips! What do you normally do?
Just make sure to get a back fill when every second fill. .. just in case you don't know what a back fill is, it's when then they drill the white part of the nail and put more white so it covers the natural nail. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say; if not ask your nail girl you want this she'll know exactly what you're talking about. When the repaint the white it doesn't look as nice.Acrylic Nails %26amp; In-fills - I hate my real nails showing underneath the french tips! What do you normally do?
Normally when you have refills the gel or acrylic is buffed back and then a clear coat of gel or acrylic applied follwed by a full colour or in your case the tips should be redone with either white or colour gel or acrylic followed by another coat of clear. This should be done each time, if not then the technician is doing it incorrectly. Also if you do want a colour there are many coloured acrylic powders available- unfortunately with acrylics many salons use the cheap products and wont buy the acrylic colours, but it would be worth asking them about it next time, and make sure that they apply the white each time or they are just ripping you off :)
what do you mean the white tip is getting smaller? when you get your nails filled don't they repaint them for you? when i get mine filled, they remove the polish and repaint the nail, cut them back if they're getting too long, and the white part never gets smaller. i dont know if i'm understanding you or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment