Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How do i do water nail art on my real nails without it sticking to my whole finger?

I want to do water nail art on my nails. But when i stick my finger in the water the polish sticks to my whole finger.How do i do water nail art on my real nails without it sticking to my whole finger?
There's no way to avoid getting some of the polish onto your finger. You just have to be ready with a cotton pad/ball soaked in polish remover to clean up your finger.





So, as soon as you remove your finger from the water, start cleaning. Don't let it dry, or it'll be a nightmare to remove.





You can also try marbling (I assume you're trying to water marble) just as easily with a dotting tool. It's a mess-free alternative with similar affects.





1. Pick your base color, and how ever many other colors you'd like to marble with. I usually choose a bright color for a base, and then a darker color (in the same color family) and white.


2. Apply a generous coat of your base color, it's better to work with colors that have good pigmentation, sheer polishes will not give you the desired effect.


3. Immediately drop 1-2 drops of each marble color onto the nail.


4. Take your dotting tool and make figure 8's, or whatever other marbling pattern you'd like to make.


5. Tap your finger on a flat surface to ensure the nail polish lies flat (good quality nail polish will even itself out) and there are no air bubbles.





You can find a dotting tool at most beauty supply stores, nail art suppliers online (8ty8beauty.com, Head2toebeauty.com), ebay, etc.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment