Sunday, January 17, 2010

How to get my nails to grow back?

I've been biting my nails for as long as I can remember, and they're really short and stubby right now. Is there any way to get them to grow back long?How to get my nails to grow back?
I Bit my nails for years when I was younger. It's taken several years of not biting them for my nail beds to recover, and they're still not 100% Dark nail varnish covers a multitude of sins : )How to get my nails to grow back?
clear fingernail polish and embalming fluid mixed
www.skincaretipz.blogspot.com for all ur skin problems and acne n clear skin remedies...so many remedies for clear skin in the pink color links for u..try them and get clear problem free skin at home
try vitmans it might grow my teacher told me
I used to have soft, peeling nails so I stopped using a nail clipper and only use a nail file to shape and shorten them. I also started protecting my nails with thicker moisturizers to protect them from exposure to water which dries them out %26amp; makes them brittle.





I read somewhere that nail clippers can cause the layers of the nail to separate and filing is the best way to go.





I started with Revlon's disposable files made for weak nails. File in one direction only. Start on one side and file towards the middle, then go to the other side and file towards the middle of your nail. Smooth the nail into a squoval that mirrors you cuticle or the shape of the white part of your nail bed.





Finish the edges of the nail with a hindo stone, a smooth ceramic/stone nail file or the finest grit nail file you can find. You want to make the edges really smooth.





Revlon makes a tool that should work. It is a pink half moon shape and you can run it under/across the nail from side to middle.





(I have an old hindo stone but haven't been able to find a replacement at a local store. The Revlon tool might be easier for you to find.)





Also, avoid using metal nail files. I recommend using disposable nail files and changing them frequently. The fresher the grit, the less the drag which leads to tearing and peeling.





Some people swear by glass nail files but they can shatter if dropped.





I also use a cuticle balm or nail oil to moisturize my nails and protect them from water since I wash my hands frequently.


(ex. Solar Oil, OPI Avoplex)





Vit E oil, jojoba oil, Aquaphor Healing Ointment, Vaseline or plain Chapstick will work too.





Avoid products w/ formaldehyde or toluene, they are very hard on nails.
eat more food that contains vitamins that make ur nails and hair grow faster. If u kept biting them, put something bitter on ur nails to avoid biting. The only way to grow is to wait or use Sally Hansen's nail growth fastener.
FIRST of all dont bite them. Second of all have alot of calcium like milk. Third you can by fake nails and glue them on If you want too.
file them just a little everyday and don't bite them and if you can't help it rub them with nail polish remover so they taste bad then you won't want to. also use a nail growing or strengthing polish. good luck
I don't think that there is any way to help them to grow longer than to not cut or bite your nails (no matter how tempting it may be) for 28 days, be careful and try not to break them
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails!
Go with Treadstone's answer! aaand - carry a buffer with you - even in the car. Buff your nails when you get the urge to bite them. Use the 'rough' side [ for smoothing ridges] only once a month or so, but the buff/polish/shine can be used all the time.


P.S. If you are watching a scary movie, wear gloves!
REGULAR MANICURES AND TRY TEATREE OIL ON THE CUTICLES
I think your nails grow faster the more you use them. So maybe you should use your hands more often.
  • make up tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment