Sunday, January 17, 2010

What will keep natural nails from breaking?

My nails have finally grown out and I would like to keep them long, but they CONSTANTLY break! I have tried all the ';hardener'; polishes, tried the silk wraps (helped with strength, but peeled off!), and finally went and had an acrylic overlay put on. Works great, but defeats my whole purpose--to have pretty nails without having to get them ';done';. If I am going to have an overlay and go back for fills, I might as well have fake nails! Anyone else in this boat?What will keep natural nails from breaking?
dirt makes your nails strongWhat will keep natural nails from breaking?
Don't let them get too long until they also grow stronger and to help them get stronger... gelatin. Eat Jello, dissolve unflavored gelatin in hot tea and drink it, just get more gelatin in your diet. Also, file from each edge to center (not back and forth) with an Emery board (not a metal nail file). File a little each day to encourage circulation which will help them grow and be strong.
When I had a job in a shoe department, I used to have this problem all the time. Dealing with cardboard boxes all day dried my hands out, but after using a moisturizer, I saw a difference.


I would definitely recommend keeping your hands moisturized, as well as a coat of polish.


Hope that helps~
Drinking the right amount of milk for Calcium and Vitamin D. Too much can make them brittle too little can make them more prone to ripping. Also fish oil. Make sure when washing hands to dry under nails also in that water weakens the nail and makes it more prone to ripping...
i have the same problem, i wore fakes for a couple of months and they were paper thin


i tryed keeping them short and using nail polish but in the end im just back to wearing fake nails cause they just keep breaking and splitting
http://www.seventeen.com/hair-skin-makeu鈥?/a>


hopefully this will help you! good luck :)
NO work all play ............





nails r bound to get broken no matter which hardener you apply if you are working and your fingers are doing a lot of work.......
put on some strong hold nailpolish[CLEAR]!


and ddrink lots more milk =]


it wil effect it in the long runn


hope i helped!
i knooo exactlyy what u mean. put like the clear sally hanson ';hard as nail'; polish nd jus try nott too chew or suckk ur fingers because saliva makes it weak
being careful
I've heard that you should rub a garlic on your nails and it makes them stronger...I don't know I've never tried it.
eat drink foods that make them stronger or cut them a tad shorter or get fake nails
I dunno
yes same problem srry no answers

No comments:

Post a Comment